Grants Officer recruitment
Position Summary: The Grants Officer is responsible for day-to-day management and administration of Pact Madagascar’s grants portfolio. He/she will work closely with the Grants Manager, Pact G&C/HQ staff, Finance Managers, and Program Managers. The range of tasks will cover but not limited to pre-award to close-out as outlined below.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
I – Pre-Award
- Work with the Grants Manager, Pact Madagascar Country Representative and senior managers during pre-award assessments: selection of grantees, determination of risk profiles, recommendation of appropriate approaches to mitigate risks, development of special award conditions.
- In addition to pre-award assessments, the Grants Officer will also be responsible for all pre-award tasks as : selection of the proper award instrument, cost analysis and budget negotiations, preparation of negotiation memoranda, complete submission of award documents for approval.
- Prepare the grant agreement in accordance with Pact policy.
II – Post-Award
- Provide technical assistance to staff and grantees on administrative policies and procedures for grants management.
- Verify obligated funding available.
- Monitor compliance with special award conditions by grantees.
- Conduct investigations to resolve contractual issues/problems/disputes arising from grants.
- Monitor sub grantee financial management and the use of fund in accordance with Pact and Donor’s policy.
- Prepare the Modification of any grant agreement, including the obligated amount revision, the negotiation memoranda for any cost extension.
- Review and approve financial report of grantee.
- Prepare disbursement of fund to the grantee.
- Review and monitor grantee’s burn rate.
III – Procurement under Grants
- Prepare and/or review documentation of purchase orders and contracts financed under grants.
- Verify obligated funding available for purchase orders and contracts.
IV – Training and Other Technical Assistance in grants management
- Prepare the training for grantee’s staff in term of Financial Management, policy manual, rules and regulation of the donor, the grant agreement requirement.
- Prepare capacity building for grantees following need and availability of budget.
V. Candidate Profile
- University degrees ( Bac + 2 ) in finance, or accounting
- At least 3 year experience on grants management in NGO/INGO and knowledge with SGA/USAID grant policy and conformity
- Ability to work on team, good interpersonal skills, leadership qualities and ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Fluency in French and English (written and spoken)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong writing skills, synthesis and analysis
- Strong master of common office application ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook …)
- Strong master of database application
- Innovative ability and rapid adaptation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Working knowledge with international partners and donors
- Ability to travel frequently in the field
Only selected candidates will pass the written test