Monitoring and Evaluation Director recruitment
Pact values and supports a diverse work environment.
Position Summary: The M&E Director will provide support to strengthen organizational and staff capacity to manage effective monitoring, evaluation, research and learning systems and will contribute to the development and implementation of Pact’s global M&E program.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy and Institutional Policy and Guidance
· Lead the implementation of M&E within Pact’s Strategy and the M&E Vision for program monitoring, evaluation and learning,
· Promote Pact policy in M&E and help develop further M&E guidance as needed, ensuring all core policies, guidance documents and descriptions are updated and disseminated.
Lead Efforts to Collect and Manage Data — Forward Knowledge Management
· Will have to lead, support and promote the use of knowledge management within the Pact.
· Design, maintain, keep current and train others on the use of Pact’s institutional M&E Guidelines and Systems. This includes, but is not limited to;
Ø The Global Indicators Database
Ø F Process Indicator Databases
Ø M&E Intranet Site
Ø Mobile Technology Researcher Management
· Be conversant in a variety of pre-packaged software including (but not limited to): SPSS, Excel, Nvivo, Microsoft Access, Quick base, SharePoint, Webex (or equivalent), Skype—and other network sharing tools, spatial analysis tools and on-line mapping tools such as Google Maps, etc.
· Provide synthesis and visualization of Pact data (especially from donor reports, more specifically on Global Indicators) for use in program design and new business development.
Support Programs in M&E (Start-up/Institutional Resources Connectivity/and Close Outs)
- Promote sound program start-up in M&E — ensure program teams have templates, frameworks, policies and tools for performance monitoring plans, basic M&E systems design (Module 1) and data quality.
- Connect partners and teams to the Pact’s M&E system.
- Connect partners and teams to the Pact’s M&E resources.
- Ensure that Pact obtains all critical M&E program documents, donor reports, PMPs, theories of change, baseline studies, and any project evaluation documents (such as Mid-term and Final Evaluations) and data quality audits.
- Ensure and support project/program close out (both M&E and general programs needs).
Provide Key Leadership in and Support to the coordination Pact-Partners M&E team
- Actively participate in the organization and implementation of M&E coordination meetings or activities (to include on-site and virtual meetings),
- Manage M&E coordination team resources,
- Help network M&E Officers and other partners teams to other similar Pact programs,
- Support the M&E coordination team in any way possible,
Support for M&E in New Business Development
· Contribute to proposal development, both design and budget components in terms of M&E as directed by the Deputy Director or the Country Director,
· Support M&E policy implementation in NBD efforts
Collaboration, Communication and R&M (Pact Global Results and Measurements team) Representation
- Remain informed of new developments in R&M through participation in global and regional professional organizations and learning communities addressing R&M
- Maintain close contact with the R&M Director and regional R&M Advisors
- Make presentations at HQ and to others as directed by the Country Director
Support M&E Logistics
- Provide logistics support and manage procedural support for M&E consultancies and M&E Meetings
- Other duties as assigned by the Country Director or the Deputy Director
- Strong working knowledge in M&E principles and M&E resources
- Strong data analysis and synthesis skills, especially around visual presentation of data
- Skills in knowledge management, database organization and design; working knowledge of software packages commonly used for data analysis
- Strong facilitation, teaching and coaching skills related to M&E
- Ability to work independently and to perform and prioritize multiple tasks
- Sound networking skills; ability to work collaboratively and collegially in teams
- Ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with Pact staff, in donor organizations and in peer organizations
- Proficiency in word processing
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Master’s degree and at least 5 years of development experience.
- Formal education in Development/ Management, Public Health or other related field.
- Fluency in English
- Proficiency in at least one other language
- Previous experience on M&E field
Disclaimer: This job description summarizes the responsibilities assigned to the position; however it does not contain an all-inclusive list of responsibilities. Periodically, employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.